Crisp and sticky kale and butter beans with balsamic vinegar
- December 2016
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 10 min, oven time 15-20 min
This hearty, textured winter side dish combines sticky balsamic kale with fluffy butter beans. It would work well as part of a big Sunday roast or simply served as it is as a healthy vegan lunch! We’ve used thick balsamic vinegar to add an extra special touch.
Did you know you can make a smooth and creamy dip out of butter beans, too? Give it a go with this recipe for a spiced butter bean and za’atar dip.
- 12.2g (0.9g saturated)
- 30.3g (16.1g sugars)
- no salt
- A glug of rapeseed oil
- 2 x 400g tins drained butter beans with
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp granulated brown sugar and salt and pepper
- 150g roughly chopped kale with the beans
- 2 tbsp granulated brown sugar
- 2-3 tbsp more balsamic vinegar
- Heat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan/gas 7. Heat the rapeseed oil in a large roasting tin for 2-3 minutes. Add the butter beans with the first 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, brown sugar, salt and pepper. Roast for 10-15 minutes until starting to turn crisp.
- Remove the tin from the oven and toss the kale with the beans. Add an extra 2 tbsp granulated brown sugar, 2-3 tbsp more balsamic vinegar and a good glug of oil. Return to the oven and roast for a further 5 minutes until the kale turns more crisp and is a little charred. Serve straightaway.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Healthy family meals
Easy leek and kale pearl barley with crispy lardons
Think risotto, then crank things up a notch – this...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter