Croissants stuffed with bacon and creamy scrambled egg
- December 2009
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
This indulgent breakfast recipe that should fill even the hungriest of mouths until lunch.
- 43g(20.6g saturated)
- 42.2g(18.3g sugar)
- 4 all-butter croissants
- 50g unsalted butter
- 4 tbsp demerara sugar
- 4 thick slices bacon or ham
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 8 free-range eggs, lightly whisked
- Grated fresh nutmeg
- 50ml double cream
- Small bunch fresh chives, snipped
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/fan140°C/gas 3. Place the croissants on a baking tray and warm for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat half the butter in a frying pan, add the sugar and place over a medium heat. Shake the pan, but don’t stir, until melted. Add the bacon or ham, sprinkle with the cayenne pepper and fry for 5 minutes until lightly golden all over, turning once.
- Heat the remaining butter in a non-stick saucepan over a medium heat. Add the eggs and season generously with sea salt, black pepper and nutmeg. Add the double cream and the snipped chives, then stir gently until just set.
- Split the croissants in half, then put a slice of bacon and some scrambled egg on the bottom halves. Replace the tops and serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This easy to assemble recipe gives children a chance to get involved with preparing breakfast....