Tomato, sausage and emmental croissants
- May 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 25 minutes
Croissants don’t have to be sweet! Try our savoury spicy sausage recipe; a real treat for breakfast or brunch.
Prefer the sweeter things in life? Find out how to make croissants, from scratch, in this step-by-step guide.
- 53.1g (24.6g saturated)
- 42g (3.8g sugar)
- 4 thick, plump sausages of your choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 12 baby plum or cherry tomatoes
- Pinch dried chilli flakes
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 4 fresh all-butter croissants
- 100g Emmental cheese, coarsely grated
- Fresh flatleaf parsley, torn, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Split the skin on the sausages and squeeze out the meat. Discard the skins. Heat the oil in a frying pan and crumble in the sausage meat. Cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally until browned and slightly crisp in places. Cut the tomatoes in half and add to the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally until the tomatoes are wilted. Add the chilli flakes and stir over the heat for 1 minute. Add the crème fraîche and cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened.
- Make a split down the centre of each croissant. Stir 75g of the Emmental into the sausage mixture, then divide between the croissants. Put on a baking tray and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 5 minutes until they are hot and the cheese has melted. Garnish with torn parsley. Serve hot or warm.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
This easy to assemble recipe gives children a chance to get involved with preparing breakfast....
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...