Creamy pancetta, Brie and mushroom croissants
- March 2007
- 25g butter
- 70g cubed smoked pancetta
- 1 garlic clove, finely sliced
- 250g chestnut mushrooms, halved
- 100ml dry white wine
- 75ml double cream
- leaves of a few fresh thyme sprigs
- 2 all-butter croissants.
- 100g Brie, cut into bite-sized pieces
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden. Add the garlic clove and the mushrooms, increase the heat and cook for 5-6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until just softened. Add the wine and bubble for a few minutes until evaporated. Reduce the heat, stir in the double cream and the thyme leaves. Simmer for a few minutes until thickened. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat the grill to high. Split the croissants. Put on a baking tray, cut side up, and grill for 1 minute, until toasted. Set the tops aside. Spoon the creamy mushrooms onto each base, scatter with the Brie, and grill for a further 2 minutes, until the Brie is melting. Assemble the croissants again and serve hot, scattered with extra fresh thyme sprigs.
Rate & review