Cucumber, herb and garlic yogurt with mini roast potatoes
- September 2018
- Serves 6 as a side
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 40-50 min
Garlicky roasted new potatoes are served with a minty Greek yoghurt dip in this simple but oh-so good side dish.
- 11.6g (3.4g saturated)
- 28.5g (4.7g sugars)
- 1kg new potatoes
- Glug olive oil
- Fresh rosemary sprig, leaves stripped
- 2 large garlic cloves, unpeeled
For the cucumber yogurt
- 6 mini cucumbers, 5 halved lengthways then sliced into half-moons, 1 shaved with a vegetable peeler into ribbons
- 200g thick greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove
- Handful fresh mint leaves
- Handful fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- Handful fresh dill sprigs
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Toss the potatoes in a shallow roasting tin with the olive oil, rosemary, garlic cloves and a good sprinkling of salt and pepper. Roast for 40-50 minutes, tossing occasionally, until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, stir the sliced cucumbers into the yogurt, then grate over the garlic clove. Finely chop the herbs and stir in, then mix in the olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Top the yogurt with the shaved cucumber and serve with the roast potatoes.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter