Honey mustard chicken and parsnips
- October 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 45 min
Honey and mustard pair perfectly with both parsnips and chicken in this sweet and comforting tray bake recipe – it’s got a warming, wintery feel too.
- 21.9g (5.1g saturated)
- 24.9g (15.5g sugars)
- Olive oil for oiling and drizzling
- 500g parsnips
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- Juice 1 lemon, plus wedges to serve
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs, plus extra to serve
- 8 skin-on free-range chicken thighs
- 200g tenderstem broccoli
- Heat the oven to 200ºC/ 180ºC fan/gas 6 and oil 2 large baking trays. Peel and halve the parsnips, then mix the wholegrain mustard, lemon juice, honey, thyme and plenty of salt and pepper in a bowl. Toss the chicken and parsnips through the marinade, divide evenly between the baking trays (give the chicken and parsnips a bit of space), then bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle the tenderstem broccoli with a little olive oil and add to the trays, tossing everything so the pieces all brown evenly. Cook for another 15 minutes until the chicken thighs and parsnips are blackened and caramelised, and everything is cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.
Line the baking tray with foil to make cleaning easier.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...