Easy-peasy fish pie with a shortcrust top
- January 2011
- Serves 2
- 10 minutes to make, 20-25 minutes to cook
This quick and easy fish pie is wonderfully comforting on a cold winter’s night and a perfect speedy mid-week supper solution.
- 42.1g (15.3 saturated)
- 46.6 (4.5 sugars)
- 230g ready-made béchamel sauce (we like The Saucy Fish Company’s Fish Pie Sauce, from Tesco and Ocado)
- 25g Cheddar, grated
- Small handful each of fresh dill and flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 320g fish pie mix
- 375g all-butter ready-rolled shortcrust pastry (we like Jus-Roll)
- 1 medium free-range egg, beaten
- Peas to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C /fan180°C /gas 6.
- Pour the béchamel sauce into a bowl, stir through the cheese, herbs, lemon zest and juice, then season to taste. Fold through the fish pie mix, then spoon into 2 x 400ml ramekins or mini pudding basins (about 12cm in diameter).
- Unroll the pastry and cut out 2 x 14cm discs. Brush the inside of the ramekins/basins with the egg, then top each with a pastry disc, pushing it into the basin a little so that the edges fold.
- Tidy the folds around the edge of the ramekins/basins then trim to fit. Brush with beaten egg, then decorate with the trimmings.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and piping hot. Serve with buttered peas.
Make these pies even more special by adding raw king prawns or scallops to the fish pie mix.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...