Easy Thai beef salad
- September 2011
- Serves 2
- Ready in 12 minutes
Light, healthy, and packed with a punch, this salad recipe is ready in less than 15 minutes – and is ideal for a Friday night fakeaway for two. It makes the most of some handy supermarket ingredients, as well as either sirloin or rump steak.
See our alternative thai beef salad too.
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 300g sirloin or rump steak, cut into strips
- 1 orange or yellow romano pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Cooks Ingredients Onion Base for Curry
- 100g pack Waitrose Ready Trimmed Sugar Snap Peas, or similar
- 2 tbsp Wagamama Spicy Chilli Men stir-fry sauce, available from most major supermarkets
- 2 little gem hearts, leaves separated
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the beef strips and fry for a minute or so until browned, then take out of the pan and set aside. Add the pepper, onion base and peas to the wok. Stir-fry for a couple more minutes.
- Return the steak to the wok along with the chilli sauce, then cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes to warm through. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Scatter the lettuce and mint into 2 serving bowls.
- Drizzle with a little more sesame oil, then spoon the stir-fry over. Finish with a good squeeze of lime, serving extra wedges alongside.
Rate & review