Easy Thai beef salad
- September 2011
- Serves 2
- Ready in 12 minutes
Light, healthy, and packed with a punch, this salad recipe is ready in less than 15 minutes – and is ideal for a Friday night fakeaway for two. It makes the most of some handy supermarket ingredients, as well as either sirloin or rump steak.
See our alternative thai beef salad too.
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 300g sirloin or rump steak, cut into strips
- 1 orange or yellow romano pepper, sliced
- 2 tbsp Waitrose Cooks Ingredients Onion Base for Curry
- 100g pack Waitrose Ready Trimmed Sugar Snap Peas, or similar
- 2 tbsp Wagamama Spicy Chilli Men stir-fry sauce, available from most major supermarkets
- 2 little gem hearts, leaves separated
- Small handful of fresh mint leaves
- 1 lime, sliced into wedges
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok over a high heat. Add the beef strips and fry for a minute or so until browned, then take out of the pan and set aside. Add the pepper, onion base and peas to the wok. Stir-fry for a couple more minutes.
- Return the steak to the wok along with the chilli sauce, then cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes to warm through. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Scatter the lettuce and mint into 2 serving bowls.
- Drizzle with a little more sesame oil, then spoon the stir-fry over. Finish with a good squeeze of lime, serving extra wedges alongside.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...