Thai beef salad
- September 2011
- Serves 2
- Hands on time 10 mins, plus 2-3 mins cooking time
Embrace the taste of Thailand with this wonderfully spicy, healthy Asian salad. This version uses sirloin steaks. If you have rump steak, take a look at our easy Thai beef salad instead.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 2 sirloin steaks
- 2 little gem lettuces
- ¼ cucumber, deseeded and thinly sliced
- A big handful fresh coriander and mint leaves
- A handful of halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 sliced red chillies
- The juice of 1 fresh lime
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- A handful of roasted peanuts
- Season and chargrill the steaks on a hot griddle for 2-3 minutes each side, until tender but still pink.
- Meanwhile, break the gem lettuces onto a platter. Add cucumber, fresh coriander and mint leaves, cherry tomatoes and red chillies. Slice the beef and toss the whole lot together.
- Whisk the juice of a lime and the sesame oil together. Drizzle over and top with a handful roasted peanuts.
Zesty Australian Riesling makes an exciting, unusual partner
Rate & review