Fennel, beetroot and orange salad with griddled prawns
- June 2020
- SERVES 2
- HANDS-ON TIME 20 MIN
This quick summer salad is plenty of good things at once: crunchy, citrusy, earthy and fresh. Top with griddled prawns (or barbecue them if you can) for a fantastic side dish.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 6.5g (0.9g saturated)
- 17.5g (16.8g sugars)
- 1 large orange
- 200g sustainable raw peeled jumbo prawns, thawed if frozen
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large fennel bulb (about 300g)
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp sherry or white wine vinegar
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley, leaves only
- 150g cooked beetroot in natural juice (not vinegar), cut into wedges
- Grate the zest from half the orange into a bowl, then add the prawns and ½ tbsp of the oil. Season and toss to coat. Slice the peel off the orange, cut the flesh into discs, then put in a large bowl, squeezing over any juice from the peel (discard the peel).
- Thinly slice the fennel and add to the orange slices along with the remaining oil, the mustard and vinegar. Season, then toss together.
- Heat a non–stick frying pan over a medium-high heat, add the prawns
and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until opaque and cooked through.
- Mix the parsley and beetroot into the large bowl, then arrange on a
platter or divide between 2 plates. Top with the hot prawns, then serve.
Keep leftover salad in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
If you want to increase the fibre content and calories of the meal,
serve the salad with wholemeal bread or cooked brown rice.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...