Fresh pea and lemon couscous
- July 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, plus resting
Our easy pea and lemon couscous is ideal for picnics and lunches. It’s packed with big flavours: herbs, preserved lemons and a lemony dressing.
Ready in just five minutes, couscous is a versatile base for quick meals. Check out dozens more couscous recipe ideas.
- 17.4g (2.3g saturated)
- 54.6g (5.5g sugars)
- 250g couscous
- 150g freshly podded peas (or use frozen)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped preserved lemon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Small handful mint leaves
- Small handful parsley leaves
- 25g pine nuts, lightly toasted in hot, dry pan
For the lemon and honey dressing
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over 250ml boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 10 minutes, then fluff up the grains with a fork.
- Cook the peas in a pan of lightly salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water, then drain again.
- Combine the couscous, peas, spring onions, preserved lemon and lemon juice in a container, then scatter over the herbs and pine nuts but don’t stir at this stage. Chill until ready to serve.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Chill in a sealed jar/container until ready to serve.
- To serve, shake the dressing, then pour it over the couscous salad and stir to combine.
Next time Try adding chickpeas, hot-smoked fish or seared chicken breast.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick vegetarian recipes
Couscous and green bean salad with crumbled Wensleydale
Try this hearty dish of couscous and green bean salad...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter