Fresh pea and lemon couscous
- July 2021
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min, plus resting
Our easy pea and lemon couscous is ideal for picnics and lunches. It’s packed with big flavours: herbs, preserved lemons and a lemony dressing.
Ready in just five minutes, couscous is a versatile base for quick meals. Check out dozens more couscous recipe ideas.
- 17.4g (2.3g saturated)
- 54.6g (5.5g sugars)
- 250g couscous
- 150g freshly podded peas (or use frozen)
- 4 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp chopped preserved lemon
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Small handful mint leaves
- Small handful parsley leaves
- 25g pine nuts, lightly toasted in hot, dry pan
For the lemon and honey dressing
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tsp clear honey
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Put the couscous in a bowl and pour over 250ml boiling water. Stir, cover and set aside for 10 minutes, then fluff up the grains with a fork.
- Cook the peas in a pan of lightly salted water for 2 minutes. Drain and refresh under cold water, then drain again.
- Combine the couscous, peas, spring onions, preserved lemon and lemon juice in a container, then scatter over the herbs and pine nuts but don’t stir at this stage. Chill until ready to serve.
- Put the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine. Chill in a sealed jar/container until ready to serve.
- To serve, shake the dressing, then pour it over the couscous salad and stir to combine.
Next time Try adding chickpeas, hot-smoked fish or seared chicken breast.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick vegetarian recipes
Couscous and green bean salad with crumbled Wensleydale
Try this hearty dish of couscous and green bean salad with crumbled Wensleydale, runner beans...