Couscous with broad beans, peas, mint and feta
- July 2004
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 30 mins
This vegetarian recipe is a refreshing summer dish that’s ready in half an hour – make the most of seasonal greens, too.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 225g couscous
- 4-5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 225g fresh or frozen broad beans
- 225g fresh or frozen peas
- 4 plum tomatoes, deseeded and finely chopped
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 150g vegetarian feta, such as Cypressa feta or Futura organic feta, crumbled
- Put the couscous into a large bowl and gradually stir in 300ml of warm water until it is all absorbed. Leave to stand for 10-15 minutes until the grains are tender and plump. Stir in 1 tablespoon of olive oil and rub the grains between your fingers to break up any lumps.
- Cook the broad beans and peas in boiling salted water for 4-5 minutes until just tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain well. Remove the tough outer white skin from the broad beans.
- Stir the beans and peas into the couscous. Stir in the tomatoes and mint. Season the remaining olive oil well and pour over the couscous, using a fork to distribute it. Stir in the feta. Spoon into bowls or on to a platter and serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Giant couscous with courgette, fig and goat’s cheese
A quick, easy to make veggie recipe made with giant couscous, courgettes, fresh mint, figs...
Summer salads and sides
Roasted tomato, giant couscous, feta and basil salad
A simple salad recipe that brings into play the classic winning combination of tomato and...