What to do with leftover preserved lemons
Add a new zesty dimension to your cooking by using leftover preserved lemons in dishes such as couscous, tagines, and salads.
Recipes using preserved lemons
- Couscous with preserved lemons
- Pan-fried fish, spicy carrots and preserved lemon
- Moroccan spiced lamb shanks with preserved lemon and prunes
- Chicken and preserved lemon tagine
How to use up leftover preserved lemon
- Med-style side. Toss leftover or freshly cooked wild rice in a frying pan with a little oil. Add raisins, a little orange juice and white wine vinegar, lots of chopped fresh herbs and the chopped skin of 2 preserved lemons. Serve alongside fish, chicken, or pork.
- Punchy dip. Mix chopped preserved lemon skin into thick Greek yogurt. Stir through a little olive oil and paprika, along with chopped fresh coriander and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, then serve with grilled chicken or as a dip for pittas or crudités.
- Zesty dressing. Add a little finely diced preserved lemon skin to a basic salad dressing, but reduce the vinegar/lemon juice, then taste and season before you dress. It’s great with herby salads.