What to do with leftover preserved lemons
Add a new zesty dimension to your cooking by using leftover preserved lemons in dishes such as couscous, tagines, and salads.
Recipes using preserved lemons
- Couscous with preserved lemons
- Pan-fried fish, spicy carrots and preserved lemon
- Moroccan spiced lamb shanks with preserved lemon and prunes
- Chicken and preserved lemon tagine
How to use up leftover preserved lemon
- Med-style side. Toss leftover or freshly cooked wild rice in a frying pan with a little oil. Add raisins, a little orange juice and white wine vinegar, lots of chopped fresh herbs and the chopped skin of 2 preserved lemons. Serve alongside fish, chicken, or pork.
- Punchy dip. Mix chopped preserved lemon skin into thick Greek yogurt. Stir through a little olive oil and paprika, along with chopped fresh coriander and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, then serve with grilled chicken or as a dip for pittas or crudités.
- Zesty dressing. Add a little finely diced preserved lemon skin to a basic salad dressing, but reduce the vinegar/lemon juice, then taste and season before you dress. It’s great with herby salads.
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...