Gammon and chestnut pappardelle
- November 2012
- 250g pappardelle
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- 250g British free-range gammon steak
- 1 onion, finely sliced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 80g Merchant Gourmet whole Chestnuts, roughly chopped, or similar
- 100g crème fraîche
- Handful of fresh curly parsley, chopped
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions until al dente (save some of the cooking water).
- Meanwhile, set a sauté pan over a medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Chop the gammon into cubes or lardons, then fry for a few minutes until beginning to brown. Add the onion and fry for 5-8 minutes until soft and translucent, then stir through the garlic and cook for 30 seconds more. Add the chopped chestnuts and fry for 5 minutes. Stir through the crème fraîche and a ladleful of the pasta cooking water, then taste and season.
- Add the drained pasta to the sauce along with the chopped parsley. Toss well to coat, divide between pasta bowls, drizzle with olive oil, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Quick spicy beef and chestnut pasta
Introduce the earthy, seasonal flavour of chestnuts to this meaty...
Goat's cheese recipes
Pappardelle with goat’s cheese, chestnuts, sage and pancetta
Pasta makes the perfect shortcut supper and this pappardelle and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter