Garlic and sage crispy crushed new potatoes
- April 2009
- Serves 8
- Takes 5 min to make and 55 min to cook
New potatoes partner well with so many ingredients but one of our favourites combinations has got to be with garlic and sage. Give it a go in this fabulous roast potato recipe.
- 4.6g (1.3g saturated)
- 40.7g (3.1g sugar)
- 2kg new potatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Large knob of butter
- 6 garlic cloves, unpeeled and bruised
- Handful fresh sage leaves
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Bring the potatoes to the boil in a pan of salted water, then simmer for 10 minutes until just tender. Drain.
- Heat the oil, butter, garlic and sage leaves in a roasting tin in the oven until the butter has melted. Add the potatoes, turn in the butter, then gently squash each potato with a fork. Sprinkle with a little sea salt and roast for 20 minutes until golden and crusty, then turn the potatoes and roast for a further 20 minutes. The potatoes should be crisp and the garlic softened and golden.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crispy new potatoes with browned butter
Browned butter takes this crispy new potato recipe to new...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter