Pot-roast new potatoes
- April 2017
- Serves 8
- Hands-on time 5 min, hob time 2 hours
These golden-skinned, fluffy new Jersey royal potatoes will stay warm in the dish for an hour, leaving you plenty of room in the oven to cook your Sunday roast or dinner party main.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 8.2g (3.6g saturated)
- 38.5g (3.1g sugars)
- 2kg jersey royals or new potatoes, unpeeled
- 50g butter, cubed
- Glug vegetable oil
- A few fresh thyme sprigs, leaves picked
You’ll also need
- Large casserole with a lid
- Put the potatoes in the casserole with the butter and oil, then season with a couple of pinches of salt. Put on a medium heat. When sizzling, toss well to coat the potatoes in the buttery oil, then turn the heat down to its lowest setting and cook for 1½-2 hours. Turn the potatoes in the pot every so often, so they turn wonderfully golden all over.
- Once tender and golden, serve the potatoes in the pot or a warm serving dish, scattered with the thyme.
The potatoes will keep warm in the pot for up to an hour.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Crispy new potatoes with browned butter
Browned butter takes this crispy new potato recipe to new heights.