Gin and tonic granita
- September 2010
- Serves 8
- Takes 15 minutes to make, 5-10 minutes to cook, plus freezing
Up your gin and tonic game with this granita recipe. You can make it ahead of time and it makes sophisticated palate cleanser or dessert. (We’ve got a similar granita with gin and elderflower, too.)
- Dairy-free recipes
- 29.7g (25.2g sugars)
- 100ml water
- 200g caster or granulated sugar
- 150ml good-quality gin (we like Bombay Sapphire or Beefeater)
- 500ml good-quality tonic water (without saccharin)
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Edible flower petals (from firstleaf.co.uk or nicholsonsherbfarm.com, optional) to serve
- Heat the water with the sugar for about 5 minutes until dissolved. Add the remaining ingredients and pour into a freezer-proof container. Cool to room temperature, then freeze. After 1 hour, remove and whisk with a fork (or whizz in a food processor) to break up the ice crystals, then return to the freezer.
- Repeat after another hour. Before serving, break up the granita with a fork to give it a softer texture. Serve topped with edible flower petals, such as violas, if you like.
Rate & review