Campari and ruby grapefruit granita
- April 2016
- Serves 4-6
- Hands on 10 min
Valentine Warner’s boozy granita made from Campari and fresh ruby grapefruit juice is a quick and effortless dinner party dessert that’s guaranteed to please.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 0.1g (no saturated)
- 12.9g (12.9g sugars)
- no fibre
- no salt
- 400ml ruby grapefruit juice (not from concentrate)
- 75ml Campari
- 50ml lemon juice, freshly squeezed and strained
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Stir the grapefruit juice, Campari, lemon juice and sugar together in a large measuring jug or bowl until the sugar has totally dissolved, then strain the mix into a freezerproof container. Put on the lid and pop it into the freezer for 2 hours.
- Scrape the mixture with a fork to mix it up a little, then freeze again.Repeat 2-3 times every 1–2 hours until the granita has a light, snow- like consistency.
- Spoon the granita into chilled glasses and serve immediately with a good sipping gin at room temperature.
Make up to 48 hours ahead. If it sets too hard, take it out of the freezer until it softens slightly, then scrape it up with a fork to loosen it. Refreeze briefly.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chai kulfi affogato
When Italian-style affogato meets the chai-spiced ice cream of Indian kulfi the results are sweet...