Gin and tonic jellies
- July 2006
- 4 gelatine leaves (we like SuperCook Select Fine Leaf Gelatine platinum grade, from major supermarkets)
- 125g caster sugar
- 125ml gin
- 150ml slimline tonic water
- Squeeze of lemon juice and thin lemon wedges, to decorate
- Put the gelatine into a bowl, cover with cold water and soak for 15 minutes, until softened.
- Meanwhile, heat the sugar and 225ml water over a low heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Bring to the boil, then boil for 5 minutes, until syrupy. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Squeeze out the excess water from the gelatine and stir into the sugar syrup, until melted. Stir in the gin, tonic water and lemon juice. Strain into a jug – remove any froth on the surface.
- Divide between 8 x 50ml shot glasses. Chill for 4 hours or until set. Rest a lemon wedge on each jelly to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Recipes with gin
Vanilla pannacottas with sloe gin and rosemary jelly
The addition of rosemary and sloe gin-spiked jelly takes these...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food stories, skills and tested recipes, straight to your door... Enjoy 5 issues for just £5 with our special introductory offer.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter