Gnocchi with artichokes, pancetta and mascarpone
- June 2015
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 45 min, oven time 1 hour 15 min
You don’t need many ingredients for this creamy dish – just some really good quality gnocchi (or a batch of homemade), smoked pancetta, artichokes, mascarpone and fresh herbs.
Want to make the gnocchi from scratch? Find a recipe here – then serve it with the tomato, basil and olive sauce.
- 20.2g (7.6g saturated)
- 78g (6.4g sugars)
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Batch uncooked gnocchi
- 80g smoked pancetta, cubed
- 390g tin artichoke hearts in water, drained and quartered lengthways
- 3 tbsp mascarpone
- Small bunch fresh mint, chopped
- Small bunch fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Finely grated zest 2 lemons
- Set a large pan of salted water to boil. When you’re ready to cook the gnocchi, heat a large non-stick frying pan on a medium- high heat. Add 2 tbsp olive oil to the frying pan, then tip the gnocchi into the water using the baking paper (see basic recipe). Once they bob to the surface, remove with a slotted spoon onto a clean flat tray (don’t tip them into a bowl).
- When the oil is hot, put the gnocchi into the pan in a single layer and cook for 1-2 minutes until golden on one side, then flip the gnocchi over gently using a spoon and cook for 1-2 minutes on the other side until golden. Remove to a clean tray.
- Add the pancetta to the pan (and a touch more oil if required) and cook for 3-5 minutes until just turning crisp. Add the artichokes and cook for another minute, stirring. Add the mascarpone and toss to combine. Add the gnocchi, herbs, lemon zest and seasoning. Toss gently, then cook for a couple of minutes to melt the mascarpone and coat the gnocchi in the sauce. Serve immediately.
You must use a non-stick frying pan here, otherwise the gnocchi may break apart.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Baked gnocchi with cream, mushrooms and blue cheese sauce
This recipe of soft, pillowy gnocchi baked in a creamy...
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter