Goat’s cheese, broad bean, lemon and lentil salad
- June 2012
- 200g frozen broad beans
- 250g pack Merchant Gourmet Ready to Eat Puy Lentils (from Sainsbury’s and Waitrose)
- 3-4 spring onions, sliced diagonally
- 75g Peppadew Piquante peppers, halved (from Tesco, Waitrose, Sainsbury’s), or similar
- Handful each of fresh mint and basil, finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- Finely pared zest of 1 lemon, juice of ½
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 150g Sainsbury’s soft goat’s cheese, or similar
- Plunge the broad beans into boiling salted water and simmer for 1-2 minutes only. Drain and refresh in cold water, then, once cool, pop each bean out of its skin and put in a serving bowl (discard skins). Tip the lentils into the bowl and stir through the spring onions, peppers and herbs.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the lemon zest and juice together with the olive oil and good pinch of seasoning. Toss three-quarters of this dressing through the lentil salad until mixed through. Top with dollops of the goat’s cheese, then finish with more herbs and the remaining dressing drizzled over.
Next time use cooked couscous instead of lentils and serve as a side dish for a barbecue buffet.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Food lovers, treat yourself this Christmas... Enjoy 12 months of magazines for £29.99 – just £2.50 an issue.Subscribe
Unleash your inner chef
Looking for inspiration? Receive the latest recipes with our newsletter