Bean and rice salad with goat’s cheese
- August 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 10 minutes
This flavourful no-cook salad recipe also goes beautifully with leftover meat or poultry. Save any leftovers for your lunchbox the next day.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 420g can mixed bean salad
- 280g packet cooked white basmati rice, chilled
- A handful of roughly chopped fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- ½ red onion, diced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- A few sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil (from a jar), drained and roughly chopped
- Olive oil from the tomato jar
- ¼ tsp ready-prepared garlic (from a jar)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Ripe goat’s cheese
- Drain and rinse the mixed beans, place in a bowl and mix with the cooked white basmati rice.
- Add a handful of roughly chopped fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, ½ red onion, the cherry tomatoes, and a few sun-dried tomatoes. Dress with 2 tablespoons of olive oil from the tomato jar), and the garlic and add the lemon.
- Season well and toss. Divide between plates, top each with a thick slice of ripe goat’s cheese and drizzle with extra oil (from the tomato jar), to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Lettuce risotto with spring onion, lemon and goat’s cheese
This quick risotto recipe is all about the fresh spring flavours of the lettuce and...
Vegetarian comfort food recipes
Sun-dried tomato and goat’s cheese dauphinois potatoes
We’ve given dauphinoise potatoes a dreamy makeover. Thinly sliced potatoes are slow cooked in a...