Bean and rice salad with goat’s cheese
- August 2008
- Serves 2
- Ready in 10 minutes
This flavourful no-cook salad recipe also goes beautifully with leftover meat or poultry. Save any leftovers for your lunchbox the next day.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 420g can mixed bean salad
- 280g packet cooked white basmati rice, chilled
- A handful of roughly chopped fresh flatleaf parsley leaves
- ½ red onion, diced
- 150g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- A few sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil (from a jar), drained and roughly chopped
- Olive oil from the tomato jar
- ¼ tsp ready-prepared garlic (from a jar)
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Ripe goat’s cheese
- Drain and rinse the mixed beans, place in a bowl and mix with the cooked white basmati rice.
- Add a handful of roughly chopped fresh flatleaf parsley leaves, ½ red onion, the cherry tomatoes, and a few sun-dried tomatoes. Dress with 2 tablespoons of olive oil from the tomato jar), and the garlic and add the lemon.
- Season well and toss. Divide between plates, top each with a thick slice of ripe goat’s cheese and drizzle with extra oil (from the tomato jar), to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Warm salad of griddled courgettes, fennel, goat’s cheese and bacon
This attractive summer salad recipe is low in calories and ready in under half an...