Broccoli, spinach and parmesan pies
- October 2014
- Serves 2
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 25 min
This vegetarian broccoli, spinach and parmesan pie recipe makes a meal for 2 people that’s ready in 45 minutes.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 150g broccoli florets
- 60g baby leaf spinach
- 25g butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp flour
- 250ml semi-skimmed milk
- 50g pack Tesco grated parmesan (or vegetarian alternative), or similar
- 500g pack Tesco Finest Cornish Butter Mash, or similar
- 1 tsp polenta (optional)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/fan160°C/gas 4. Bring a pan of water to the boil, then add the broccoli florets and cook for 2-3 minutes until they’re bright green. Put the spinach in a colander, then pour over the broccoli and its cooking water. Rinse under cold water, then leave to drain.
- Melt the butter in a small pan over a low heat. Crush the garlic, then add to the pan with the flour, stir in and fry gently for 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring until thickened. Stir in most of the grated cheese, then season to taste. Stir in the drained broccoli and spinach, then divide the mixture between 2 x 300g deep ovenproof dishes. Top with the mashed potato, then sprinkle over the remaining cheese and the polenta, if using. Bake for 25 minutes or until the tops of the pies are golden and the filling is bubbling up at the edges.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...