Green bean, bacon and pear braise
- November 2005
- 750g double-smoked streaky bacon in a block (from good butchers)
- 350g green beans, trimmed
- 6 small firm ripe pears, unpeeled
- ½ tsp dried summer savoury or ¼ tsp of dried marjoram and ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp salt
- Place the bacon in a large, heavy-based saucepan with enough water to cover, and put over a medium heat. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat to low, cover and simmer the bacon for 30 minutes.
- Add the beans, pears and dried herbs and simmer, uncovered, for a further 30 minutes. Sprinkle with the parsley and season with the salt.
- Slice the bacon and divide between bowls, along with the beans. Add 1 pear to each bowl and ladle in some broth to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...