German sausage and new potato salad
- November 2005
- 1kg waxy new potatoes, such as La Ratte or Charlotte, halved
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 350g frankfurters or bockwurst or knackwurst, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Put the potatoes into a saucepan of salted water and bring to the boil. When boiling, add the stock cubes and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool in cold water. Drain again.
- Meanwhile, fry the frankfurters in the olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Make the dressing for the salad. Mix all the ingredients together. Pop the potatoes into a bowl, add the spring onions, frankfurters and mix with the dressing. Sprinkle with the chopped chives to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
New potato, radish and dill salad
Dill and radishes are a welcome inclusion in this summery potato salad recipe.
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...