German sausage and new potato salad
- November 2005
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes
Give this authentic German sausage and new potato salad recipe a go, dressed in a mustardy mayonnaise dressing.
- 1kg waxy new potatoes, such as La Ratte or Charlotte, halved
- 2 chicken stock cubes
- 350g frankfurters or bockwurst or knackwurst, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 spring onions, sliced on the diagonal
- Chopped fresh chives, to garnish
For the dressing
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- Put the potatoes into a saucepan of salted water and bring to the boil. When boiling, add the stock cubes and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes, until tender. Drain and cool in cold water. Drain again.
- Meanwhile, fry the frankfurters in the olive oil over a medium heat for 5 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Make the dressing for the salad. Mix all the ingredients together. Pop the potatoes into a bowl, add the spring onions, frankfurters and mix with the dressing. Sprinkle with the chopped chives to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
New potato, radish and dill salad
Dill and radishes are a welcome inclusion in this summery potato salad recipe.