Griddled courgette salad with goat’s cheese and honey
- June 2018
- Serves 4-6 as a starter or side salad
- Hands-on time 20 min
This simple summer salad couldn’t be easier to make – just 20 minutes – and marries together that wonderful flavour combination of goat’s cheese and honey.
Try our courgette and buttermilk salad for another simply delicious way with this green veg.
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 21.9g (6.6g saturated)
- 4.7g (4.6g sugars)
- 5 small/medium courgettes, sliced lengthways into long strips using a Y-shaped peeler
- 4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 200g kalamata olives, pitted and sliced
- ½ red chilli, chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp red wine vinegar
- 2 drizzles clear honey
- 150g soft rinded goat’s cheese (we used Chavroux La Bûche Pure Goat’s Cheese)
- Handful fresh mint leaves, torn if large
- Toss the courgettes in 1 tbsp of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle pan until hot, then grill the courgettes on both sides, in batches, for 4-5 minutes until tender with clear char lines.
- Meanwhile, make the dressing. In a bowl, combine the remaining olive oil, olives, chilli, zest of the lemon and a squeeze of juice, oregano, vinegar, a drizzle of honey and plenty of salt and pepper.
- Arrange the courgettes on a platter and spoon over the olives and dressing, dot with the goat’s cheese and scatter with mint leaves. Drizzle with honey and serve.
This would also work well with burrata or very soft buffalo mozzarella.
A Loire chenin blanc such as vouvray is just made to match these flavours.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Warm salad of griddled courgettes, fennel, goat’s cheese and bacon
This attractive summer salad recipe is low in calories and ready in under half an...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...