Warm salad of griddled courgettes, fennel, goat’s cheese and bacon
- June 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus 10 mins cooking time
This attractive summer salad recipe is low in calories and ready in under half an hour.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 36.6g (14.1g saturated)
- 3.3g (3g sugars)
- 3 large courgettes, sliced into long strips (or use a vegetable peeler)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 150g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 200g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss the courgettes in a bowl with the olive oil and fennel seeds and leave for 10 minutes. Heat a griddle pan and cook the courgettes for a few minutes each side until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, dry-fry the bacon until crispy, then drain on kitchen paper. Place the fennel in a large bowl and mix with the warm courgettes, bacon and goat’s cheese.
- Mix the lemon juice with the extra-virgin olive oil, season and drizzle over the salad. Serve the salad with crusty fresh bread.
To make this salad vegetarian, leave out the bacon.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Pizza bianca with goat’s cheese, courgettes and black olives
This pizza recipe makes a change from the usual – it’s spread with a creamy...
Courgette flatbreads with ham, peaches and burrata
Bake easy homemade yogurt and basil flatbreads, then top with courgettes, parma ham, ripe peaches...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...