Warm salad of griddled courgettes, fennel, goat’s cheese and bacon
- June 2009
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 15 mins, plus 10 mins cooking time
This attractive summer salad recipe is low in calories and ready in under half an hour.
- Gluten-free recipes
- 36.6g (14.1g saturated)
- 3.3g (3g sugars)
- 3 large courgettes, sliced into long strips (or use a vegetable peeler)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 150g streaky bacon, chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 200g soft goat’s cheese, crumbled
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- Toss the courgettes in a bowl with the olive oil and fennel seeds and leave for 10 minutes. Heat a griddle pan and cook the courgettes for a few minutes each side until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a frying pan, dry-fry the bacon until crispy, then drain on kitchen paper. Place the fennel in a large bowl and mix with the warm courgettes, bacon and goat’s cheese.
- Mix the lemon juice with the extra-virgin olive oil, season and drizzle over the salad. Serve the salad with crusty fresh bread.
To make this salad vegetarian, leave out the bacon.
Rate & review