Grilled artichoke hearts with jamón, broad beans and spring onions
- August 2013
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
This Spanish Iberico ham recipe uses up seasonal broad beans and spring onions. It serves 4 and only takes 20 minutes to make.
Love artichokes? We’ve got lots more ideas on how to use the vegetable in our artichoke recipe collection.
- 9.3g (3g saturated)
- 8.8g (5.5g sugar)
- 12 jamón Iberico slices
- 250g podded broad beans (fresh or frozen)
- 280g jar artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 large spring onions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Toss the spring onions with the olive oil and seasoning. Heat a pan until smoking, then add the onions. Cook for 7 minutes, turning, until lightly charred and starting to wilt.
- Meanwhile, blanch the broad beans for 3 minutes in boiling water. Drain and refresh under cold water, then pop off the grey skins from half the broad beans (discard).
- Add all the beans to the spring onions in the pan with a knob of butter. Turn up the heat, add the artichoke hearts, and fry for 2-3 minutes to brown. Take off the heat, add the juice of 1 lemon, season, then toss with 12 jamón Iberico slices, torn, to serve.
Rate & review