- February 2004
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
This quick and easy vegetarian salad recipe is a healthy mix of tomato, onion,coriander and ripe avocados.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- Vegan recipes
- Vegetarian recipes
- 17g (3.4g saturated)
- 9.6g (7.8g sugars)
- 4 little gem lettuce, washed
- 3 ripe beef tomatoes, sliced
- ½ small onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- 4 ripe avocados
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 pinches of chilli flakes
- 100g sunblush tomatoes in oil, drained and oil reserved
- Separate the lettuce leaves and arrange on the serving plates. Divide the tomato slices among the plates, then scatter over the onion, garlic and coriander leaves.
- Halve and stone the avocados, then cut each half in quarters. Slip a knife under the pointed end of each quarter and pull away the skin. Slice the avocado lengthways and arrange on the plates. Squeeze over the lime juice to stop them turning brown.
- Sprinkle each salad with a pinch of chilli flakes and season. Scatter with the sunblush tomatoes, drizzling over about 1 teaspoon of the reserved tomato oil. Serve with wholemeal bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Avocado, pomegranate and bean salad with hazelnut dressing
A simple side salad recipe for gatherings of friends or family. The salad, with a...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...