Watermelon, feta and avocado salad
- June 2010
- Serves 4
- Ready in 20 min
This quick gluten-free recipe contains watermelon, which is rich in B-vitamins, potassium and magnesium. Avocados contain oleic acid, which plays a role in lowering cholesterol. And importantly, it tastes great, too.
- 26.4g (9.6g saturated)
- 13.4g (10.5g sugar)
- 2 chicory, trimmed, leaves separated
- ½ (about 500-600g) small watermelon
- 175g vegetarian feta, crumbled
- 2 ripe avocados, sliced
- ½ red onion, sliced thinly
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- Arrange the chicory on a serving plate. Cut the watermelon flesh away from the skin over a bowl to catch the juice; deseed, chop into chunks and arrange on top of the chicory. Top with the feta, avocado and red onion.
- Whisk together the reserved melon juice and the lemon juice, olive oil and oregano. Pour over the salad and serve immediately.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Watermelon, feta, herb and peanut salad with hot and sour dressing
Sweet thirst-quenching watermelon meets salty feta in this centrepiece salad – perfect for a dinner...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...