Hot-smoked salmon and zesty lentils
- October 2012
- 300g puy lentils
- 700ml vegetable stock, hot
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Pinch of sugar
- Dollop of crème fraîche or double cream
- 200g hot-smoked salmon, flaked
- Handful of fresh flatleaf parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cook the puy lentils in the vegetable stock in a covered saucepan for 20-25 minutes until tender. Drain, discarding the stock, then put in a serving bowl.
- Whisk the lemon juice with the olive oil and Dijon mustard. Whisk in the sugar, then season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Pour over the bowl of warm lentils, then add the grated lemon zest and the crème fraîche or double cream. Scatter with the flaked hot-smoked salmon and chopped parsley, if using. Toss gently to combine, then serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...