Grilled trout, bacon and almond salad
- May 2007
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 min
A quick and easy grilled trout recipe that’s ready in 15 minutes.
- 4 fresh trout fillets
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 150g smoked streaky bacon
- 200g bag mixed salad leaves
- 25g toasted flaked almonds
- French dressing to drizzle
- Preheat the grill to high and line the grill pan with lightly oiled foil. Season 4 fresh trout fillets, place on the lined grill pan and squeeze over the lemon juice. Grill for about 8 min, carefully turning halfway, until just cooked through. Flake the fish into chunks, discarding the skin.
- Meanwhile, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Finely slice the streaky bacon, add to the pan, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 min, until golden and crisp. Drain on kitchen paper.
- Divide the salad leaves between 4 plates and top with the trout pieces. Scatter over the bacon and almonds. Drizzle with dressing, season to taste and serve with lemon wedges, if you like.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Steamed trout with vegetables poached in white wine
Chef Adam Byatt shares a beautiful trout recipe poached in white wine with dill, star...
Poached trout, beetroot and new potato salad with horseradish
This seasonal dish of beetroot and trout makes a fantastic starter or main course.