Really quick salmon fishcakes
- April 2013
- 200g hot smoked salmon fillets, skinned and flaked
- 4 tbsp Hellman’s mayonnaise
- 100g lemon and black pepper breadcrumbs, or similar
- 1 large free-range egg
- zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, plus extra wedges for squeezing
- vegetable oil for frying
- Put all the ingredients, apart from the breadcrumbs and oil, into a large bowl, season, then gently mix. Use your hands to bring the mixture together, then mould into 4 patties. (If the mixture is too loose to hold together, add 1-2 tbsp plain flour.)
- Tip the breadcrumbs into a medium bowl, then add the patties to coat.
- Pour the vegetable oil into a medium frying pan to a depth of 1-2cm and set over a medium-high heat. When the oil starts to shimmer, gently drop in the fish cakes. Fry for 2 minutes on each side until crisp, then remove with a fish slice and place on kitchen paper to soak up any excess oil. Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and a leafy green salad.
Rate & review