Individual no-bake cheesecakes
- July 2006
- 25g butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g German biscuits such as dark chocolate Balsan, chilled
- 4 large passion fruit
For the filling
- 250g tub of quark
- Zest of 1 lemon and the juice of 2
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 sachet powdered gelatine
- 350ml double cream
- Melt the butter and golden syrup in a pan over a medium heat. Whizz the biscuits in a food processor and add to the butter, once melted.
- Place 4 x 9cm ring moulds or large ramekins onto a lined baking tray and divide the biscuit mix between them, pressing down well.
- Make the filling. Mix the quark, lemon zest and juice and vanilla essence. Put 2 tablespoons water in a small bowl, sprinkle the gelatine on top and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Mix some of the quark mix into the gelatine, then stir the gelatine back into the quark mixture. Chill until it begins to set – about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk the cream to soft peaks and fold into the quark. Pour into the moulds or ramekins and flatten with a palette knife. Chill.
- Run a knife around the edge of the moulds to release the cheesecakes or serve in the ramekins. Top with the juice and seeds of the passion fruit.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...