Individual summer berry compotes
- July 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 30 minutes, plus standing overnight
With strawberries, raspberries, cherries, blueberries and redcurrants, this dessert recipe is perfect for summer.
- 800g selection of summer fruits: strawberries, raspberries, cherries blueberries, redcurrants, stoned, destalked and halved if necessary, a few reserved to decorate
- 140g caster sugar
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tsp cornflour
For the topping
- 3 tbsp quark
- 1 tbsp double cream
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- Place the prepared fruit into a bowl and mix with the sugar, orange zest and lemon zest. Cover and leave overnight in the fridge to allow the juices to be released.
- Strain the juices into a saucepan and bring gently to the boil. Meanwhile, mix the cornflour with a little water. Add the boiling fruit juice to the cornflour and return to the saucepan over a medium heat, stirring continuously until the sauce has thickened.
- Add the fruit sauce to the fruit and divide between 4 glasses. Chill until ready to serve.
- Make the topping. Mix all the ingredients together until smooth, and serve a generous tablespoon over each compote. Decorate with a little extra fresh fruit.
Rate & review