Indonesian-style chicken couscous
- August 2006
- Serves 4
- Ready in 15 minutes
Use that jar of peanut butter in your storecupboard as the starting point for this easy south-east Asian chicken recipe, full of Indonesian flavours.
- Dairy-free recipes
- 300g couscous
- 1 large red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 9 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 8 large cooked chicken satay skewers (from the supermarket deli counter)
- 1 bunch of spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- Put the couscous and red pepper into a large bowl. Measure 350ml boiling water into a jug, stir in 3 tablespoons of the peanut butter, and stir the mixture into the couscous. Cover with cling film and set aside for 5 minutes, until the liquid has been absorbed. Fluff up with a fork.
- Meanwhile, strip the chicken from the skewers and halve each piece. Add the spring onions to the couscous, along with the chicken. Toss together, season to taste and divide between plates.
- Put the remaining peanut butter in a bowl and gradually stir in 6 tablespoons hot water, to thin down. Drizzle over the couscous to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Spicy chicken nasi goreng
Chicken nasi goreng is a real treat! Try something different with this quick, spicy Indonesian...