Insalata di Napoli
- May 2007
- Serves 8 as a starter
- Ready in 15 min
A quick and easy salad recipe – a version of panzanella made with mozzarella and basil – captures the quintessential flavours of Italy.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 22.1g (8.3g saturated)
- 16g (3.6g sugars)
- 1 small, firm-textured ciabatta, torn into small chunks
- 5 large ripe vine tomatoes, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 3 x 125g tubs buffalo mozzarella balls, drained and torn into 2cm pieces
- 2 good handfuls fresh basil leaves
- 125ml good extra-virgin olive oil
- Good, aged balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- Put the ciabatta into a salad bowl. Add the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil and oil. Gently toss and season.
- Divide the salad between bowls or plates. Drizzle over the balsamic vinegar to taste and serve immediately.
Rate & review