Jerry Thomas Manhattan
- March 2022
- Makes 1
- Hands-on time 5 min
From the bar of London’s much-loved brasserie Joe Allen comes this twist on a classic Manhattan, first made in 1884 by America’s cocktail godfather Jerry Thomas.
We’ve rounded up 16 of the best classic cocktail recipes to master in your lifetime.
- 9g (9g sugars)
- 1 Luxardo maraschino cherry
- 50ml rye whiskey (or bourbon)
- 15ml Grand Marnier (or other orange liqueur)
- 25ml Carpano Antica Formula vermouth (or a good sweet vermouth)
- 3 dashes of bitters (such as Angostura)
- Chill a martini glass or other elegant glass, then put the maraschino cherry in it. Pour the rye whiskey, Grand Marnier, vermouth and the 3 dashes of bitters into a shaker/jug. Add ice, stir, then strain into the glass.
This take on the classic Manhattan was an 1884 update by America’s cocktail godfather Jerry Thomas.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...