Jersey royal and fontina frittata
- April 2012
- Serves 4
- Ready in less than 30 minutes
This frittata champions the spring beauties that are jersey royals. Grab some while they’re in season and whip up this fabulous recipe.
Looking for something else? We’ve got lots more Jersey royal potato recipes here.
- 24.6g (10.4g saturated)
- 22.2g (3.4g sugars)
- 500g jersey royal potatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- knob of butter
- A bunch of spring onions, finely sliced
- 6 free-range eggs
- Splash of cream
- A handful of fresh thyme leaves
- A handful of fresh parsley
- 100g fontina cheese
- Green salad, to serve
- Cook the jersey royals in boiling salted water for 10 minutes. Drain. Preheat the grill to medium.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a 23cm frying pan. Add the potatoes and fry for 5 minutes until golden, then remove.
- Gently fry the spring onions until slightly softened.
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with the cream, thyme leaves, parsley and cheese. Season well, then add to the pan.
- Stir in the potatoes, cook gently for 3-4 minutes until almost set, then grill for a few minutes. Serve with green salad.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Sponsored by Yeo Valley Organic
April seasonal recipes
Jersey royal, smoked cheddar and spring onion cakes
Can you make potato cakes with jersey royals? Yes, yes you can. Make the most...