Jersey royal, onion, sherry and tarragon bake
- April 2014
- Serves 4-6
- Hands-on time 20 min, oven time 25 min
This glorious one-pot recipe showcases the wonderful jersey royal potato, accompanied by sweet onion and a hint of tarragon.
You could serve this with a classic roast chicken for a satisfying Sunday lunch.
- 7.8g (4.6g saturated)
- 36.2g (6.1g sugars)
- Butter, for greasing
- 1kg jersey royal potatoes
- 4 large onions and chop
- A small bunch of fresh tarragon
- 3 garlic cloves,
- 100ml fino sherry
- 40ml double cream
- 50g gruyère or vegetarian alternative
- 40g fresh breadcrumbs
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan200°C/gas 7. Butter a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish. Chop the potatoes into even chunks, then put in a pan of lightly salted cold water and bring to the boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until just tender.
- Meanwhile, finely slice the onions and chop the tarragon. Toss the potatoes, onions and tarragon in the ovenproof dish. Crush the garlic, then stir into the potatoes along with the fino sherry and double cream. Season.
- Grate 50g gruyère or vegetarian alternative and sprinkle over the top, along with the breadcrumbs. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes or until the top is golden and crisp.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...