Jersey royal and parsley mash
- April 2011
- Serves 6
- Hands on time 25 mins, plus 15 mins to reheat and and finish after freezing and thawing
The perfect accompaniment to roast meat. This Jersey royal and parsley mash recipe can be made ahead of time and frozen. Just thaw and reheat when ready.
Looking for something else? We’ve got lots more Jersey royal potato recipes here.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 3g (1.7g saturated)
- 27.3g (2.5g sugars)
- 1kg jersey royals or other new potatoes, halved if large
- Large knob of butter
- 4-5 tbsp milk
- Large bunch of fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling, slightly salted water for 15-20 minutes until tender. Drain, then crush roughly with a fork. Leave to cool, then spoon into bags or a suitable container and freeze.
- Allow to thaw completely. Put the butter and milk in a large pan over a very gentle heat. Add the potatoes and heat gently for 15 minutes, turning fairly regularly with a wooden spoon until heated right through. Mix in the parsley and season well just before serving.
Rate & review