Lamb shish with olive and walnut tahini
- July 2018
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 20 min
Succulent griddled lamb is piled onto warm flatbreads and drizzled with a tahini and yoghurt dressing in this easy 20-minute meal.
- 39.5g (15.5g saturated)
- 14.1g (12.7g sugars)
- 500g lamb neck fillet, cut into chunks
- 2 small red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 tsp light olive oil
- 350g greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 35g roughly sliced olives with rosemary and black pepper
- 35g chopped shelled walnuts
- 35g golden raisins
- Warm flatbreads, mixed salad leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
- Heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat, then griddle the lamb neck fillet, for 8-10 minutes until browned and cooked through, turning halfway. After 2 minutes, add the red onions, tossed in 1 tsp light olive oil, to the pan, then cook on both sides until browned and soft.
- Meanwhile, put the greek yogurt in a shallow dish. Spoon 2 tbsp of the yogurt into a small bowl and stir in the tahini until smooth, adding a splash of water to loosen. Spoon the tahini mixture over the yogurt and roughly mix together, then sprinkle with the sliced olives, walnuts and raisins.
- Serve with the griddled lamb and onions along with warm flatbreads, mixed salad leaves and lemon wedges for squeezing.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...