Moroccan shish sesame skewers
- February 2008
- Serves 4 people
- Takes 25 minutes to make and 5-8 minutes to grill
These sizzling Moroccan lamb skewers with flatbreads and tzatziki make a quick and easy midweek supper – with leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
- 28.3g (2.9g saturated)
- 45.2g (4.5g sugar)
- 1kg lean lamb, such as trimmed shoulder or leg, cubed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp caster sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 tsp black onion (nigella) seeds
- 7 preserved lemons, quartered
- 14 pickled green chillies
- 200g tub tzatziki, 4 warm flatbreads and mixed salad, to serve
- In a large bowl, toss together the lamb, olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, sugar, garlic, seeds and some salt and pepper. Set aside for 15 minutes.
- Thread the lamb, lemons and chillies onto 14 skewers and grill under a high heat for 5-8 minutes, turning until browned but still a little pink in the centre.
- Serve 3 skewers per person, with the tzatziki, flatbreads and salad. Set aside the remaining 2 skewers to cool for tomorrow’s lunch.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Chicken thigh recipes
Tandoori-style chicken skewers with green rice and cherry salad
Take your barbecue up a notch with lightly charred courgette, pepper and marinated chicken skewers....