Lamb souvlaki skewers with tzatziki
- June 2010
- Serves 4
- Takes 20 min to make, 10 min to cook
A super speedy lamb souvlaki recipe, made with cumin and lemon, comes served with homemade tzatziki. You can make the skewers on the barbecue or a griddle pan.
Fancy something with a Moroccan twist? These lamb shish skewers are dusted with sesame seeds.
- 26.3g (11.2g saturated)
- 44.7g (7.5g sugar)
- 600g lamb leg steaks, excess fat removed, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 2 red onions, cut into chunks
- 4 flatbreads/tortillas
- 1 little gem lettuce, leaves torn
For the tzatziki
- ½ cucumber, grated
- ½ garlic clove, finely chopped
- Bunch of fresh mint leaves, chopped
- Zest of ½ lemon and squeeze of juice
- 300ml Greek yogurt
- Coat the lamb in the oil, cumin and lemon zest. Season. Thread onto 8 skewers, alternating with onion chunks. Set aside to marinate.
- Light/preheat the barbecue or grill, or heat a griddle pan over a medium-high heat. Make the tzatziki. Mix the cucumber, garlic, mint, lemon zest and juice, and yogurt in a bowl. Set aside.
- Barbecue, grill or griddle the lamb for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked. Serve on the flatbreads with the lettuce leaves and tzatziki.
If using wooden skewers, allow an extra 10-15 minutes to soak in water first. If using a barbecue, allow an extra 30 minutes to preheat.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...