Souvlaki wraps with beetroot tzatziki
- September 2008
- 500g lamb mince
- 50g feta, crumbled
- 1 small onion, roughly grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- Large handful fresh flatleaf parsley and fresh mint, finely chopped, plus extra leaves to garnish
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- Vegetable oil, for cooking
- Griddled flatbreads, sliced red onion and lettuce, to serve
For the beetroot and horseradish tzatziki
- ½ tsp cumin seeds, plus extra to garnish
- 2 raw beetroots, peeled and grated
- 100ml natural yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp horseradish cream
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, mix the lamb, feta, onion, garlic, herbs and cumin together in a large bowl and season well. Chill.
- For the tzatziki, place the cumin seeds in a dry frying pan and toast until fragrant. Toss in a bowl with the remaining tzatziki ingredients. Season and set aside to chill.
- Using wet hands, shape the lamb mixture around the soaked skewers. Brush with the oil.
- Cook the skewers on a hot griddle pan for 4-5 minutes, until cooked and lightly charred, turning regularly.
- Serve the skewers with griddled flatbreads, red onion and lettuce. Garnish with extra herbs and spoon some beetroot tzatziki on top.
FREEZE the raw souvlaki on the skewers for up to 3 months. Defrost thoroughly in the fridge, then cook.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Serve these spicy, marinated lamb koftes with a cooling tahini yogurt dip, toasted pittas and...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...