Lemon, olive and rosemary chicken with butter bean salad
- August 2007
- Serves 4
- Hands on time 40 mins
There’s a Mediterranean flavour to this zesty lemon, olive and rosemary chicken recipe. The butter bean salad makes this a great summer main course.
- Dairy-free recipes
- Gluten-free recipes
- 5.9g (1.2g saturated)
- 27.3g (6.8g sugars)
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 25g pitted mixed olives, chopped
- 1 tsp golden caster sugar
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Vegetable oil, for greasing
For the butter bean salad
- 2 x 400g cans butter beans, drained and rinsed
- 100ml chicken or vegetable stock, hot
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200g French beans, steamed and halved
- 2 tsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp chopped fresh flatleaf parsley
- In a large non-metallic bowl, combine the lemon zest and juice, rosemary, garlic, olives and sugar. Season well and add the chicken. Toss to coat in the marinade, then set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high. Line the grill pan with foil, lightly grease with oil and add the chicken and its marinade – spread out in the pan. Grill for 15-20 minutes, turning and basting with the marinade as you go, until cooked. Set aside for a few minutes, then thickly slice.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the butter beans in a pan with the stock. Simmer gently for 5 minutes, until hot, then drain. Stir in the remaining ingredients and season.
- Divide between bowls and top with chicken slices to serve.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Soy-glazed chicken salad
This vibrant healthy chicken recipe is quick to make and a true crowd-pleaser. The recipe...
More food for thought...
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...