Malai tikka, chicken kebab
- November 2005
- Serves 6
- Takes 30 minutes to make, plus marinating
This quick and easy homemade Indian chicken kebab recipe is great.
- 20g Cheddar, finely grated
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2cm piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 75g Greek yogurt
- 100ml double cream
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp Patak’s Tikka Masala Paste
- 6 skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix the cheese, egg yolk, garlic, ginger, yogurt, cream, mint, coriander and curry paste. Stir well and season with salt.
- In a separate bowl, toss the chicken in the oil, then add to the mixture and coat well. Marinate in the fridge for 2 hours or overnight.
- Soak the skewers in cold water for 30 minutes. Thread the chicken onto skewers and grill under a medium heat for 12-15 minutes, turning once, until cooked. Discard any remaining marinade. Serve with the Bund Gobi Aur Mattar Subzi (cabbage and green peas) and naan bread.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Anjum Anand’s Tandoori-style chicken recipe is incredibly easy to make and even easier to devour....
Tandoori-style chicken skewers with green rice and cherry salad
Take your barbecue up a notch with lightly charred courgette, pepper and marinated chicken skewers....