Maple and rum baked bananas with toasted hazelnuts and pistachios
- March 2017
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 15 min, oven time 25 min
Bananas become soft and caramelised when baked in foil – add rum, maple syrup and toasted nuts into the mix and you’ve got a wonderful dessert that takes only minutes to prepare.
- 6.3g (2.7g saturated)
- 30.3g (27.6g sugars)
- 2 unpeeled bananas
- 25g softened butter
- 1 tbsp soft light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp white rum
- a handful each of shelled hazelnuts and pistachios
- a dollop or two of Greek yogurt
- Heat the oven to 200°C/180°C fan/gas 6. Put a sheet of non-stick baking paper on top of a sheet of foil. Slice the unpeeled bananas in half lengthways and put them in the centre of the paper/foil. Spoon the softened butter, sugar, maple syrup and white rum over the bananas, then wrap tightly in the paper/foil. Transfer to a roasting tray, then bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a non-stick frying pan, gently toast the hazelnuts and pistachios until golden, then roughly chop. Unwrap the baked bananas and serve, still in their skins, with the juices spooned over, sprinkled with the chopped nuts and a dollop or two of greek yogurt.
Rate & review