Heirloom cherry tomatoes, burrata and herb pesto pizza
- August 2019
- Makes enough for 3 pizzas
- Hands-on time 15-20 min, oven time about 30 min
A fresh and light vegetarian pizza topped with heirloom cherry tomatoes, creamy burrata and herby pesto; this recipe makes a delicious dinner party main or an alternative to a takeaway.
Pair this pizza with a light and leafy side salad of fennel, rocket and herbs with dijon vinaigrette.
- Vegetarian recipes
- 40.7g (13.3g saturated)
- 87.3g (11g sugars)
- 3 x pizza dough bases, or you can make your own – here’s our classic pizza dough recipe
- 1kg mixed heirloom tomatoes, halved, quartered or sliced depending on size
- 2 x 100g balls burrata or buffalo mozzarella, roughly torn
- Rocket leaves and parmesan (or veggie equivalent) cheese shavings to serve
For the pesto
- 30g mixed fresh herbs, such as basil, mint and parsley, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- Pinch caster sugar
- 75-100ml extra-virgin olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
- For the pesto, put the herbs, garlic, lemon juice, mustard, sugar, olive oil and some salt and pepper in a mini food processor (or use a stick blender and a jug), then whizz until smooth and vibrant green. Alternatively, crush all the ingredients (except the oil) together in a pestle and mortar to form a paste, then slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified – see Make Ahead.
- Heat the oven to its highest setting with either a pizza stone or a heavy baking sheet inside to heat up.
- Transfer one of the prepared pizza dough bases, still on its baking paper, to a flat baking sheet. Top with a third of the tomatoes, drizzle over a little oil and season with salt and pepper. Using the greaseproof paper to help you, slide the pizza onto the hot stone/sheet. Cook for 6-8 minutes or until the dough is puffed at the edges and has turned golden. Remove the pizza, leaving the stone/baking sheet to heat up for the next one.
- Transfer the cooked pizza to a chopping board, then top with a third of the burrata, a drizzle of herb pesto and a few rocket leaves and cheese shavings. Slice to serve. Repeat with the remaining 2 dough bases and toppings.
Make the herb pesto up to a day ahead, then keep covered in the fridge.
Rate & review
Or, how about...?
Subscribe to our magazine
Subscribe to delicious. magazine for HALF PRICESubscribe
Join our newsletter
Packed with menu ideas, recipes, latest competitions and more...