Marinated spiced chicken
- July 2012
- Serves 4
- Hands-on time 5 min, cook time 20 min, plus 2 hours marinating
This simple chicken recipe, marinated in yogurt, ginger, lime and chilli, is perfect for a midweek meal, just serve with your favourite side dish.
- 5.1g (2.6g saturated)
- 5.6g (5.2g sugars)
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 200ml Greek yogurt
- Thumb-sized piece of fresh ginger, finely grated
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 4 skinless free-range chicken breasts
- Dry-fry the coriander seeds and chilli flakes until aromatic. Crush in a pestle and mortar, then transfer to a large bowl.
- Mix in the yogurt, ginger, lime zest, coriander and honey.
- Slash the chicken breasts, put in the bowl and coat with the yogurt mix. Cover and marinate in the fridge for 2 hours. Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°C/gas 5.
- Put the chicken on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes, then grill for 5 minutes or so until cooked through and starting to char.
Rate & review